Candle Care

Please follow these candle care instructions to ensure your candles burn correctly and efficiently.


In order to relight your candle you must remove the burnt area of the wick, whether it is woven cotton or wood, in between burns. Simply pinch the black area with your fingers, or with your measured wick trimmer if you have one, give it a little wiggle, and the burnt wick should break in its weakest point. Please refrain from cutting your wick too short, it must never be shorter than 4mm. 


We strongly advised not to burn your candle for any longer than 4 hours at a time.
The ideal burning period of a 55 hour candle is 3-4 hours.
The ideal burning period of a 35 hour candle is 2-3 hours.
The ideal burning period of a 20 hour candle is 1-2 hours.


Burning your candle for too long can cause your melt pool to become large, resulting in a larger flame, smoking, and an overheated jar. Please make sure you abide by general safety candle guidelines when burning all candles.


Have you ever found that your candles begin to burn through the middle, leaving a thick layer of wax around the walls of the candle? This is called tunnelling. In some cases this is unavoidable as your candle may have the incorrect wick in place and has not been created or tested correctly by the manufacturer. However, our candles are formulated to burn evenly. Make sure you burn your candles using our guidelines to get the most out of your candle. The burn times are most important on the first burn to induce the correct wax memory.


We use completely natural products and therefore you will notice some discolouration in your wax. This is may due to the natural properties of the type of wick used, infusing with the hot melted wax. Please also be aware that we use natural oils in our blended scents and can also cause a slight colour change in the wax. This is purely cosmetic and does not affect the performance of your candle in any way.

Towards the end of your candle you may notice soot marks from the wicks on the inside of your jar. This is only due to the flame from your lit wick and is not a health concern. Simply wipe away with a damp cloth to renew the look of your container.